guix-devel

Packaging Sagemath

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Packaging Sagemath
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 10:09:21 +0200

Hello,

until Thursday evening, before joining the Guile-Guix-Perl days in
Strasbourg, I am taking part in a coding sprint around packaging Sagemath:
   https://hackmd.io/j5FzB173Q4uaExUw-6Glpg#
My personal goal is to get closer to having Sage in Guix. As usual, I have
started a package definition and am adding dependencies one by one as the
build fails; current status attached. But there is also a list of (altogether
181!) required dependencies, which I extracted here:
   https://hackmd.io/zatG6NwtTWKF5asn_fmcIw?view
So sooner or later we will need all of these packages, and if you feel
motivated to package one or the other we do not have yet, you are more
than welcome!

Andreas