guix-devel

Re: Packaging Sagemath

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: Packaging Sagemath
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2019 13:30:06 +0200

On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 11:47:29AM +0200, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> I followed the link, but, IIUC, it is not up-to-date. For example, we
> already have packaged many of them. Would it be useful to set-up
> a world-writable document (e.g., a pad) somewhere, with a list of the
> packages yet to be packaged, or a checklist with all packages that we
> could tick-off?

Indeed, many of them are already available, this is the list of all
dependencies that we will (probably) have to add to the Sage recipe at
some point. I did not go through it to check which ones we already have.

> For example, here is such an up-to-date list, barring a few FIXME
> I wasn't sure about:

Thanks for the work on the list! As far as I can tell, the web page is
already a world-writable pad; just click on the pencil or the split-page
icons at the top left of the page. We may as well delete the packaged
items (as I have been doing for two or three I just packaged now), and
leave only TODO items.

> I'll try to help when I have time.

Great, I was actually thinking of you when I wrote the message, since
you added a few mathematical software packages already :-)

Andreas