guix-devel

Magit is very slow with Guix's Git checkout

From: Chris Marusich
Subject: Magit is very slow with Guix's Git checkout
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2019 21:04:32 -0700

Hi,

I've been learning to use Magit more and more, and I really enjoy it.
However, I've noticed that it takes a very long time (minutes) to give
control back to me when I run "M-x magit-status" in my Guix checkout.

Am I doing something wrong?  Is there a way to avoid this slowdown?
Magit is great, but it's painfully slow when I try to use it to interact
with the Guix's Git repository.

--
Chris