guix-devel

Re: [ANN] guile-gi v0.0.1 released

From: Mike Gran
Subject: Re: [ANN] guile-gi v0.0.1 released
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2019 07:46:48 -0700

On Sat, Jun 01, 2019 at 11:02:21AM +0200, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:

> I've created a package description for Guix (see attached), with some
> patches (also attached).
>
> How is is that I overlooked this thread?  I spent last Thursday --
> reluctantly -- adding webkitgtk bindings to guile-gnome and debugging
> an initial browser test.  With Guile-GI it worked in minutes! :-)
>
> One of the patches adds the web browser example and the last one adds an
> editor example...but that segfaults in the key-press-event handler.
>
> I've just noticed test/closures.c -- is that intended for handlers like
> key-press-event; are they different from `clicked'?

This is me trying to explain to myself how the meta_marshaller was working
in PyGObject, on which much of this code is based.

> Patches also on my `wip' branch: https://gitlab.com/janneke/guile-gi.git

I am pleased and super embarrassed that someone has taken the time to
patch this code.  It is really rough code.  I had lost momentum on
this project, but, I'll try to get back to it.

Thanks for checking it out.

-Mike Gran