guix-devel

Re: GUI installer through X

From: Danny Milosavljevic
Subject: Re: GUI installer through X
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2019 16:33:17 +0200

There's also a vesa fb driver so X is still not necessary.  (Our installation
media has already so much stuff on it, let's not increase it further)

For GPUs that are (sometimes) troublesome we should find out a way to
automatically blacklist the native modules so vesa gets picked.

Florian successfully tried kernel argument "blacklist=radeon" in the past--but
I think that caused either VESA or EFI VGA to be picked and made the installer
work.

There are multiple possible drivers for AMD cards:
* The (older) vesa (BIOS) driver
* The (newer) EFI VGA driver
* The (older) radeon driver
* The (newer) amdgpudrm driver

So we could blacklist "amdgpu" and "radeon".

(Unfortunately, someone that has such GPUs has to test it)