guix-devel

Re: [ANN] guile-gi v0.0.1 released

From: Mike Gran
Subject: Re: [ANN] guile-gi v0.0.1 released
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2019 07:45:01 -0700

On Mon, Jun 03, 2019 at 06:41:44PM +0200, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> Mike Gran writes:
>
> Hi!

> Ah, that makes sense.  I started playing with it and learned one or two
> things, until i found src/gclosure.c :-)
>
> Have you seen the gclosure implementation in guile-gnome, would that be
> any help?
>

> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guile-gnome.git/tree/glib/gnome/gobject/gclosure.scm

Both guile-gnome and my hack have two parts
- an introspection layer
- a gobject-to-guile binding

I had a chat with Wingo at the last FOSDEM, and he thinks the
gobject-to-guile binding could be reused, and that I could just swap
the gwrap GTK+2 introspection layer with a GObject introspection
layer.  I began analyzing that path a few months before life
intervened.

> I'm quite new to all this, I cannot see the great difference in gtk+2
> and gtk+3 here, even...
>
> >> Patches also on my `wip' branch: https://gitlab.com/janneke/guile-gi.git

I incorporated these, and fixed the bug that caused your editor example
to fail.  Thanks!

Thanks,
Mike