guix-devel

Re: Installer: howto remotely debug/report on bare-metal

From: sirgazil
Subject: Re: Installer: howto remotely debug/report on bare-metal
Date: Thu, 09 May 2019 09:26:10 -0500

---- On Thu, 09 May 2019 09:01:28 -0500 Giovanni Biscuolo <address@hidden>
wrote ----

 > Hello,
 >
 > I've bare-metal I'd like to use to stress test the installer before
 > putting it in production
 >
 > I found a bug installing Guix using btrfs and I'd like to send the
 > output of the "Unexpected problem" instead of a photo of the screen
 > attached to the bug report: please is that output saved in some log file
 > I can copy and send by email?

Would it be this same problem by chance?

https://multimedialib.files.wordpress.com/2019/05/guix-1.0.0-installer-unexpected-problem.jpg

I haven't had the time to report this bug... I experienced it every time the
graphical installation failed and I restarted it using the two options the
installer offers to restart an installation (I don't remember the labels of the
buttons). Unfortunately, I didn't write the steps to reproduce the problem.