guix-devel

Re: Installer: howto remotely debug/report on bare-metal

From: Giovanni Biscuolo
Subject: Re: Installer: howto remotely debug/report on bare-metal
Date: Thu, 09 May 2019 16:22:14 +0200

Hello,

reply to myself:

Giovanni Biscuolo <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> also: is there a way to start the Installer in a ssh remote session
> (once I manually set up networking) so I can stay away from bare
> metal?

of course there is: switch to a console (CTRL-ALT-F3..F5), start
ssh-daemon (herd start ssh-daemon), change the root password, remotely
connect via ssh to root@<bare-metal-IP> and look for the command to
start the installer (ps auxww | grep installer)

in my case (using Guix 1.0.0 ISO on USB) is:

  /gnu/store/9alic3caqhay3h8mx4iihpmyj6ymqpcx-guile-2.2.4/bin/guile
--no-auto-compile /gnu/store/sdxzl5gxphl4pwjqshq6a8w230asklym-installer-real

using that command now I can remotely run the installer via ssh

HTH! Gio'

[...]

--
Giovanni Biscuolo