guix-devel

Re: Guix video repository: First video script commited

From: Björn Höfling
Subject: Re: Guix video repository: First video script commited
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2019 17:10:38 +0100

On Wed, 27 Feb 2019 12:04:40 -0300
Laura Lazzati <address@hidden> wrote:

> > Laura, do you like that directory layout, the way of creating the
> > full final video? Do you have any clue why my slides don't fit the
> > screen?
> No, but I installed other fonts, that could be maybe the reason? The
> ones I added are the League gothic and Droid serif.
>
> > Would you like to go on with the rest of the videos in that way?
> Sounds good to me :) will go on checking why we are facing too many
> issues.
> >
> > Don't be afraid of mistakes concerning the repository:
> Thank you both of you - Gábor and Bruno :) - for this.
> > Thank you for all the work you have done so far.
> And thank you for your compliment on this :)

I don't understand your "No": Is this directory layout good or not?

If it is not good, what would be yours?

And the thing with fonts is something different, right? How did you
install them? Can we get that into the container somehow?

Just for information: I had some trouble with either imagemagick or
inkscape (can't remember any more which one), possibly the one from my
Ubuntu, so that is were the idea with the container came from: To have a
100% clean, reproducible environment.

Björn