guix-devel

Re: New topic: asking for help

From: Björn Höfling
Subject: Re: New topic: asking for help
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2019 10:06:21 +0100

Hi Laura,

On Mon, 11 Feb 2019 11:29:02 -0300
Laura Lazzati <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Guix!
>
> Another topic is about asking for help, that is very useful for people
> even when reading the documentaiton.
>
> This should include this mailing-list (ie, how to fill the form, maybe
> sth about the CoC?), and IRC channel.

I would mention the CoC only marginally, but say that the community is
very welcoming and respectful.

* First entry maybe is the homepage as such.
* Then show the documentation [or: are we here already assuming that
someone found that?].
* Then mailing list (dev/help).
* IRC channel is also quite a help, I would mention that too.
* There is the debbugs bug tracker
(https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=guix) where you could
search for problems. It is maybe not the most obvious interface and
explaining it a bit would be nice.

Björn