guix-devel

Re: Video documentation repository

From: Björn Höfling
Subject: Re: Video documentation repository
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2019 11:04:15 +0100

Hi Ludo,

Thank you for filing the request. There you wrote:

> This repository will *not* contain any video.  Instead, it will
> contains scripts and tools developed as part of an ongoing Outreachy
> internship to create internationalized videos presenting Guix.

In the current video-repository we at least save the input binaries
(i.e speech recordings in several languages for several videos). From
your comment it sounds like that is not intended for the
savannah-repos, right?

If so, we need to somehow externalize those. What would be a reliable
way of doing so? Uploading to some (which?) server? MediaGoblin? Storing
in IPFS as we do currently with the output videos for distribution among
us? Is there any stable IPFS node where we can stick them to?

> > Must the commits to this repository be signed?
>
> I would strongly recommend it.  WDYT, Ricardo?
>
> > That would then mean that Laura needs access to it: Laura, you need
> > to register in Savannah:
>
> I guess we could give Laura access to the repo (that gives access to
> all the project repos so one has to be cautious, but that’s probably
> OK.) Thoughts?

I think we gave permissions to all former GSoC/Outreachy students,
right? So I'm fine with it.

Björn