guix-devel

Re: GNU Guix Video Documentation discussing priorities

From: Laura Lazzati
Subject: Re: GNU Guix Video Documentation discussing priorities
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2018 13:59:53 -0300

On Mon, Oct 29, 2018 at 8:01 AM Julien Lepiller <address@hidden> wrote:

I think we should focus on more practical howtos aimed at people new to
guix
So, first question: 1b.
our priority would be “installing guix on a foreign distro”, “installing
guixsd
For 3: Installation mentioned in Outreachy site would be the first video
and “using guix: installing, upgrading and removing packages” (including
guix pull).
Maybe "guix gc" should get a video too.
For 3: Daily use as user the second one.

  “developping on guixsd”).
 Then 2:
b, but applied to c and d. Aren't contributors going to be taken into account?

What about the videos asking for help, troubleshooting? I believe they apply to everyone, regardless the audience they belong to.

Thoughts?