guix-devel

Re: Tensorflow package

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: Tensorflow package
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 23:10:47 +0200

Gábor Boskovits <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello Ricardo,
>
> Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> ezt írta (időpont: 2018.
> okt. 22., H, 22:17):
>> I think that the patch I previously posted is not quite as useful as I
>> had originally hoped.  The new package uses the (now removed) CMake
>> build system and unfortunately must be built with all the bundled
>> libraries.
>
> When was cmake-build-system removed? I could not find any reference to
> that.

I didn’t express myself clearly, sorry.

What I meant is that *Tensorflow* no longer comes with the necessary
CMake files (since the latest release).

It used to come with a contributed Makefile and CMake files.  The
Makefile only allowed you to build the core library (as seen in my
previous patch), while the CMake stuff was more comprehensive.

In spite of this I’d like us to add the previous release of Tensorflow
using the cmake-build-system.  Tensorflow uses Bazel, but it is very
difficult to package all of Bazel’s *many* Java dependencies, so this
will probably take a very long time to do without cheating.

--
Ricardo