guix-devel

Re: Blog: Guix packaging tutorial

From: Pierre Neidhardt
Subject: Re: Blog: Guix packaging tutorial
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 23:11:22 +0200

> Would be great to package something like in emacs community. A blog
> about converting back and forth between org and markdown would be
> welcome to many in the Emacs community. :)

Well, technically what I did was just fixing some nits, really.  But you are
right, those nits should be fixed upstream.  If I have time, I'll try to work
with upstream to polish the Org->markdown exporter.

As for the Markdown->Org conversion, the only reasonable option I know at the
moment is Pandoc, which is just as limited.  I'm less interested in this however
since I mostly use Org.

I wrote about my "Org-blog workflow":
https://ambrevar.xyz/blog-architecture/index.html.

> I'm slow to get around to completing your guix packaging tutorial. As a
> complete noob I'm very interested in this and keen to submit a few basic
> packages there after.

Take your time, there is a lot to digest in there.  Don't hesitate to ask for
help on the mailing list or on IRC.  Looking forward to your contributions!

Cheers!

--
Pierre Neidhardt
https://ambrevar.xyz/