guix-devel

Re: Outreachy internship with Guix

From: Gábor Boskovits
Subject: Re: Outreachy internship with Guix
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2018 16:28:08 +0200

I will look into this and get back to you.

namrata malkani <address@hidden> ezt írta (időpont: 2018. okt. 5., P 16:23):
Hello sir
I'm an outreachy applicant and would love to contribute GNU guix video documentation project.
As a prerequisite, I began installation of guix as additional package manager on top of my linux based system.
I downloaded guix-binary-0.15.0.x86_64-linux.tar from https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/download/ and procceeded with the binary installation process as mentioned in https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/manual/en/html_node/Binary-Installation.html#Binary-Installation.
But when I tried to download the .sig file, using the command
wget ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/guix/guix-binary-0.15.0.system.tar.xz.sig
on my terminal, it returned an error:
Connecting to alpha.gnu.org (alpha.gnu.org)|2001:4830:134:3::c|:21... failed: Network is unreachable.

There wasn't a way to proceed further as the next step was to verify this file which couldn't be downloaded.
Please suggest a possible way to tackle this. Looking forward to your reply and towards contributing in this organization
PS. I have also joined the IRC channel #guix, nickname: namrataM.
Regards
Namrata Malkani
B.tech, 2nd year, Indian Institute of Technology, Mandi (IIT)
India