guix-devel

a GUIX_PACKAGE_PATH / modules puzzle

From: Nils Gillmann
Subject: a GUIX_PACKAGE_PATH / modules puzzle
Date: Tue, 1 May 2018 22:39:51 +0000

Hi,

I'm not sure if guile-users / -dev liste is more appropriate. If it is, let me
know.

I'm currently still using GUIX_PACKAGE_PATH until I got my layout all set up.
There's an issue that I can't seem to get rid of, I'll try my best to describe
it now:

I have package definitions in 2 repositories (3 to be precise, +1 WIP repo).
Both follow
the exact same layout that can still be understood by Guix and GPP
(GUIX_PACKAGE_PATH).

Repository 1: /home/user/src/infotropique/ports
Repository 2: /home/user/src/infotropique/pkgs

The modules are in similar named subfolders, following the layout $REPONAME
$CATEGORY $NAME NAME.

I only switched to this recently, previously the "CATEGORY NAME NAME" was
located in the root of
the reository. Both repos worked this way.

After the transition to the new layout, ports works.
pkgs however is throwing errors at me for days. I've tried moving all but one
module
out of the repo, same error. It was a simple easy, no repo-internal
dependencies, module.
The error is always similar to https://ftp.n0.is/pub/pkgs-error.txt

I can not share the actual repo at this moment on this mailinglist, but maybe
the
repl message is something that someone could give me a hint, even if it's just a
tiny bit of a "read this manpage" or something like that would help. I've tried
debugging this for days and any help's welcome.

Thanks,
N.