guix-devel

Re: how to set up a daily build of a package?

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: how to set up a daily build of a package?
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2017 11:17:22 +0200

Hi Joakim!

Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> skribis:

> address@hidden writes:
>
>> I would like to set up a daily build of a package, for example Emacs,
>> Inkscape, and eventually Krita.
>>
>> I would like to have a server make these builds, for example triggered
>> by a Jenkins server or something similar. Then I would like to use these
>> packages on other machines using the Guix substitute download feature.
>
> You can use Cuirass for this.

Another option, depending on your needs, is to have your Jenkins job
build the thing for you.  Let’s say you want to build Emacs from a
checkout, your Jenkins job could run:

  guix build emacs --with-source=./emacs

where ./emacs contains a checkout of Emacs.

If, in addition, your build machine runs ‘guix publish’, then you can
get binaries from there.

HTH!

Ludo’.