guix-devel

Re: how to set up a daily build of a package?

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: how to set up a daily build of a package?
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2017 14:56:44 +0200

address@hidden writes:

> I would like to set up a daily build of a package, for example Emacs,
> Inkscape, and eventually Krita.
>
> I would like to have a server make these builds, for example triggered
> by a Jenkins server or something similar. Then I would like to use these
> packages on other machines using the Guix substitute download feature.

You can use Cuirass for this.  GuixSD comes with a cuirass-service,
which you can pass a specification to only build the subset of packages
you are interested in.  You can configure it to fetch the Guix sources
from the repository in regular intervals.

The most comprehensive example is probably the bayfront server
configuration in the maintenance repository:

   http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/maintenance.git/tree/hydra/bayfront.scm

It’s much more than what you need, but maybe you’ll find this helpful.

There has also been a post the mailing list by Mathieu O a couple of
months ago about how to set up Cuirass to build a manifest.

--
Ricardo

GPG: BCA6 89B6 3655 3801 C3C6  2150 197A 5888 235F ACAC
https://elephly.net