guix-devel

Distributing substitutes over GNUnet

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Distributing substitutes over GNUnet
Date: Sat, 06 May 2017 14:26:56 +0200

Hello,

Maxim Cournoyer <address@hidden> skribis:

> I think what I meant was "integration of GNUnet with guix publish".
> Something which would allow anyone to effortlessly share what's been
> built on their machine with the other Guix users. A zero config kind
> of thing, with auto discovery of peers and available substitutes.

Sure, I agree this is a worthwhile goal.  If you haven’t already, check
out the GSoC by Rémy Birot-Delrue on this topic a couple of years ago:

  https://gnu.org/software/guix/news/gsoc-update.html

Rémy ended up with Guile bindings for GNUnet, along with a
proof-of-concept publish and substitute process using GNUnet:

  https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2015-08/msg00455.html

I know ng0 is very interested in this as well.  I’d love to work in this
area!

Ludo’.