Re: Adding to the end of the load path

From: Noah Lavine
Subject: Re: Adding to the end of the load path
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 09:00:10 -0500

And replying to myself, I remembered something else that had been in the back of my mind: a while ago on this list, there was discussion of bundling some modules with libguile, perhaps as static C arrays. This could make it easier to embed Guile, as a program could embed all the modules it needs and not have to worry about load-paths.

However, this is another extension to the module-lookup system which really cannot be well-specified by environment variables. This is more evidence for my theory that module-lookup is fundamentally too complicated to be conveniently represented by environment variables.

Of course, I would be very happy to be proven wrong,
Noah