Re: O(1) accessors for UTF-8 backed strings

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: O(1) accessors for UTF-8 backed strings
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 14:02:23 +0100

On Tue 15 Mar 2011 16:46, Mark H Weaver <address@hidden> writes:

> I'd also like to point out that the R6RS is the only relevant standard
> that mandates O(1) string accessors.  The R5RS did not require this, and
> WG1 for the R7RS has already voted against this requirement.
>
>   http://trac.sacrideo.us/wg/ticket/27

Only tangentially related to the question under discussion, but I find
this a bit baffling.  I found
http://trac.sacrideo.us/wg/wiki/StringRepresentations, but it's a lot of
original work (record1 ??), and doesn't lead to any conclusions.

http://trac.sacrideo.us/wg/wiki/WG1Ballot1Results lists no rationales.

Grr.

Andy
--