Re: One config issue solved, only to trip over another.

From: Andreas Rottmann
Subject: Re: One config issue solved, only to trip over another.
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 21:38:30 +0100

Bruce Korb <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 11:25 AM, Noah Lavine <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I think the list you want is in Guile's README file, which says that
>> Guile depends on these libraries:
>
>> - libiconv
> Not available for openSuSE
>
>> - libintl
> A perl library?

I think both of these are part of glibc (the latter being the gettext
interface), so if you are on a GNU system (which OpenSuSE presumably is
;-)), you should be fine. On the *BSDs, I think you need to actually
install these as separate systems.

>> - libffi
>
> It's installed.  The configure script doesn't detect it.  It was installed
> via Yast from the openSuSE site, so I would hope the sentence,
> "Consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if you
> installed software in a non-standard prefix." does not apply.
>
> $ find /usr/lib* /usr/local/lib* -name 'libffi.*'
> /usr/lib/libffi.so.4.0.1
> /usr/lib/debug/usr/lib64/libffi.so.4.0.1.debug
> /usr/lib/libffi.so
> /usr/lib/libffi.so.4
> /usr/lib/libffi.a
> /usr/lib64/libffi.so.4.0.1
> /usr/lib64/libffi.so
> /usr/lib64/libffi.so.4
> /usr/lib64/libffi.a

File a bug with OpenSuSE, /usr/lib/pkgconfig/libffi.pc should be
contained in the same package as the .so and .a files; apparently their
package is incomplete.

Regards, Rotty
--
Andreas Rottmann -- <http://rotty.yi.org/>