One config issue solved, only to trip over another.

From: Bruce Korb
Subject: One config issue solved, only to trip over another.
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 10:14:30 -0800

I was trying to build Guile 2.0, but I stubbed my toe on
"Oh, you haven't installed libunistring".  So, I found one
and installed  it:

checking for LIBFFI... configure: error: Package requirements (libffi) were not
met:

No package 'libffi' found

Which is precisely why I don't like building packages and prefer
to rely on distributions.  Someone else has already chased through
all the cascading dependencies.  I've googled for "guile 2.0 dependencies"
and meandered the software/guile pages, but the build prerequisites are
not clearly laid out.

Here is my project's pre-release:
  http://autogen.sourceforge.net/data/
It depends on Guile and a Bourne shell, though preferably bash.
"gperf" and "libxml2" are also nice, but not required.
I think it works with Guile 2.0 now, but I cannot test it.  :(