Re: One config issue solved, only to trip over another.

From: Bruce Korb
Subject: Re: One config issue solved, only to trip over another.
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 11:13:58 -0800

Thanks, Mike,  but:

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 10:43 AM, Mike Gran <address@hidden> wrote:
>> No package 'libffi' found
>
> On Fedora at least, libffi's been packaged for a long time.  I think
> it is widely available generally as a pre-built package.

Saying that if you use Linux, then it must be Red Hat wouldn't fly far.....

I happen to use OpenSuSE, but the real problem is that I don't have
a list that I can just say, "go fetch and install these".  Tripping over
first one, then the next, then how many more?  I know I weary easily,
but I've stubbed my toe several times in succession before only to
finally download a package that doesn't build at all.  So I just don't
do it any more.  :(

I'm spoiled.  Stuff needs to be completely straight forward.