Re: [Guile-commits] GNU Guile branch, master, updated. release_1-9-10-13

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: [Guile-commits] GNU Guile branch, master, updated. release_1-9-10-135-g7119448
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 22:50:04 +0200

Hi Julian,

Thanks for the nice R6RS doc!  Looks to me like it’s both a good
tutorial and a convenient reference.

Some nitpicking:

Should be @code{library}.

> +libraries created in this format by other programmers.  Guile's R6RS
> +libraries implementation takes advantage of the flexibility built

“library implementation” rather?

@code{define-module}

@dfn{levels}

@dfn{implicit phasing}

> +phasing'' (see @cite{Implicit Phasing for R6RS Libraries} by
> +Abdulaziz Ghuloum and R. Kent Dybvig), which allows the expander and

This is a non-free document (ACM...) so I think we should not refer to
it.  Perhaps instead this could read along the lines of:

  ... a technique called @dfn{implicit phasing} (first described by
  Abdulaziz Ghuloum and R. Kent Dybvig) ...

Thoughts?

@dfn{import set}

> address@hidden syntax import import-spec ...

I’d rather use address@hidden {Scheme Syntax}’ or address@hidden {Syntax}’ but