Lua

From: No Itisnt
Subject: Lua
Date: Sat, 22 May 2010 13:00:40 -0500

Hello, I'm going to be implementing Lua 5.1 for Guile as a Google
Summer of Code under the GNU Project this year. My project is defined
as "the Lua 5.1 programming language and standard library excluding
the string, coroutine, and debug modules" I left a little bit of
wiggle room in the standard library in case I get burnt out.

- I'm going by the 5.1 manual, billed as the "official definition of
the Lua language": <http://www.lua.org/manual/5.1/>.
- Per GSOC rules, I can't accept contributions. Feedback is always welcome.
- I'm going to be working under the "lua" branch of the official
repository, which can be viewed through the web at
<http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guile.git/log/?h=lua>.
- I'll keep my personal notes in the 'NOTES-LUA' file in the toplevel
directory, and keep it updated with known issues etc.
- One major thing omitted from this project is a wrapper for the C
API. I'd still like to see it happen, maybe later this year.
- GSOC starts on May 24th and ends on August 16th.

Feel free to use this thread for discussion or feedback. And good luck
to my fellow Guile Summer of Code hackers.