Re: r6rs standard libraries

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: r6rs standard libraries
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 21:54:58 +0000

Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

> Rereading my mail I have to apologize for the "hard sell". I do think
> `library' and `import' in the default namespace is the right thing,
> though.

FWIW, I agree that this `out of the box' support for R6RS libraries is
pretty cool.  And as you say, 2 identifiers is not very many.  There's
plenty other stuff in boot-9 that's less important, and which I can
imagine us moving into a module, and telling people `now you have to add
a (use-modules (ice-9 so-and-so))', or maybe use autoload.

      Neil