Re: upcoming patches

From: Andy Wingo
Subject: Re: upcoming patches
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 21:15:08 +0100

Hey,

On Sun 18 Oct 2009 12:38, Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:

> My todo list, for the record:
>
>   1) Finish case-lambda branch -- should be a day or two's work there
>
>      This doesn't necessarily imply that all the new features
>      (case-lambda, lambda*, ...) are fully baked, but the VM, debugging,
>      and IL support for the features should be mergeable and documented.

Well, that ended up being 3 or 4 days' work, but all the features are
there and documented.

>   2) Make sure Mark's patch is in

I'm going to do it! I will! :)

Mark, I realized that we can have (hashv '()) == (hashv #f). In a hashv
table the hashv selects the bucket, but within the bucket elements are
compared with eqv? -- and (eqv? '() #f) => #f. So I don't see any
problems there.

>   3) Merge Daniel's work

This is next!

> Then I will finish GOOPS dispatch in Scheme with case-lambda and
> predicates, and then see if I can merge in subr-simplification,
> getting all dispatch into the VM.

I hope to get this all in before the next release. We'll see!

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/