Re: master build issue

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: master build issue
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 22:42:08 +0100

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> Andy Wingo <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> While we're complaining about the build :-) It seems we require gperf
>> now. Is that correct?
>
> That's news to me.  Where have you seen that?

OK, I've seen it now too; used to generate iconv_open-*.h from
iconv_open-*.gperf.  Brought in implicitly by gnulib.

It feels like an acceptable dependency to me, though.  Also, although
we could try to move some of this kind of building (assuming it really
is platform-independent) from make-time to autogen-time, I think that
would require quite a bit of work.

Regards,
        Neil