Re: master build issue

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: master build issue
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 20:17:35 -0400

Neil Jerram <address@hidden> writes:

> configure:52553: ccache gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c -L/usr/local/lib
> -lunistring -R/usr/local/lib -lgmp -lcrypt -lm -lltdl  >&5
> gcc: unrecognized option '-R/usr/local/lib'
>
> My GCC is version 4.3.2, so pretty recent.
>
> Ludo, Andy, I'm wondering why this isn't a problem for you too.  Is it
> because you've installed libunistring in /usr, perhaps?

I haven't tried it either, but it would seem prudent to verify that the
new dependency builds w/o hassle on all the places guile builds now.

I downloaded it and built on NetBSD/i386 5.0 with
--prefix=/usr/y0/libunistring, and it seems to build fine with no
warnings that I noticed as it scrolled by.  Looking at the package, it
looks quite well baked.  Despite my initial negative reaction to new
dependencies, this package seems exceptionally well done for one that
has (to me) appeared suddenly.  I did get one failure in make check:

test-striconveh.c:389: assertion failed
Jun  4 20:16:24 foo /netbsd: pid 28621 (test-striconveh), uid 10853: exited on
signal 6 (core dumped)
[1]   Abort trap (core dumped) EXEEXT="" LOCALE...
FAIL: test-striconveh

but the rest were ok.

I can add it to pkgsrc, and that should fix my master build.