Re: GNU Guile 1.8.4 released

From: Neil Jerram
Subject: Re: GNU Guile 1.8.4 released
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 22:19:42 +0100

2008/5/15 Kamaraju Kusumanchi <address@hidden>:
Not sure if you have  noticed already. The build has failed on ia64 with a
segmentation fault. Here is the relevant log for ia64

http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.cgi?pkg=guile-1.8&arch=ia64&ver=1.8.5%2B1-1&stamp=1210454760&file=log&as=raw

OK, now I'm confused.  I looked at the build log for ia64 from here - http://buildd.debian.org/pkg.cgi?pkg=guile-1.8 - just a few minutes ago, when responding to another FTBFS report, and I'm sure it said that it was failing with an Illegal instruction in test-unwind.  Is there any reason why these logs might be changing while I'm looking at them, or am I just going mad?

On another matter...  it looks to me as though the build on alpha is now good, so I guess we must somehow have fixed the cause of the "wrong type to apply (#0# . #0#)" problem between 1.8.4 and 1.8.5.  Would you agree with that, or am I misunderstanding the status?

Thanks,
      Neil