Re: srfi-18 requirements

From: Julian Graham
Subject: Re: srfi-18 requirements
Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 22:07:49 -0400

Hi Neil,

On Sat, May 24, 2008 at 7:42 AM, Neil Jerram <address@hidden> wrote:

> OK, that's in now.  I had a few minor comments, please see the attached.

Hey, that's great!  I know there are some unresolved issues -- I'll
address them as soon as I can.  Thanks, again, to you and Ludovic for
being patient and helpful in shaping that original morass of code over
these many (almost 8?  Yikes) months.

As promised, I've written a NEWS entry; find attached a git patch for
that.  And I've taken a look at the comments you made and integrated
them into a separate patch, also attached.  I tried to write something
resembling a ChangeLog entry in my commit message, as per what you and
Andy Wingo were discussing earlier.  Let me know if it's not
sufficient.

Sorry about the module import/export redundancies -- I was kind of
fuzzy on the semantics around export vs. re-export vs. replace.
Likewise object-property, of which I was unaware when I originally
wrote that code last year.

The only thing I didn't change was the `thread-terminate!' behavior.
If I understand your comment, then, no, the exit of a non-canceled
SRFI-18 thread doesn't require the installation of that exception
handler.  (That handler's purpose is to notify future joiners of the
cancellation event, which is unnecessary if the thread is never
canceled.)

Regards,
Julian