Re: Patches from ttn's tree to Guile CVS

From: Thamer Al-Harbash
Subject: Re: Patches from ttn's tree to Guile CVS
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2004 12:01:20 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 3 Mar 2004, Clinton Ebadi wrote:

> http://unknownlamer.org/files/code/scheme/patches/guile-cvs will now contain
> all of the patches against Guile CVS HEAD which add features from ttn's tree.
> I am making each change a separate patch (cleaner that way).
>
> Is there any chance of these ever being merged?

This is starting to hurt the guile community. At least for me I
cannot use ttn's work without patching it to work with the
official GNU guile. I'm e-mailing him privately now to see what
can be done about getting some of his module work to be
compatible. It's not an easy thing to do because his guile tree
has some incompatible features.

I'm not trying to stir the pot here, but I would like to see if
there's anyway ttn and the guile developers could maintain one
tree just for the sake of getting all the modules ttn worked on
to work everywhere.

The Perl and Python camps don't have this problem. We certainly
don't need it :|

--
Thamer Al-Harbash
GPG Key fingerprint: D7F3 1E3B F329 8DD5 FAE3  03B1 A663 E359 D686 AA1F