Re: When is 1.8 going to be released

From: Kevin Ryde
Subject: Re: When is 1.8 going to be released
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 09:07:47 +1000

Marius Vollmer <address@hidden> writes:

>   - Implement scm replacements for all of GH
>
> This includes designing the replacement first and writing
> documentation, both tutorial style and reference style.

Speaking of this, it occurred to me while nosing through the
transitioning section that it might be better for the replacements to
be given with each gh function as it's described.  For instance
gh_list might say something like

        Superseded by `scm_list_n' (*note List Constructors::).

The whole chapter could probably move to be an appendix if it's not
recommended for new programs.  Maybe the "Deprecated" chapter could
similarly be an appendix.