Re: When is 1.8 going to be released

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: When is 1.8 going to be released
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 2003 15:09:53 +0200

address@hidden writes:
> > Just wondering what time-frame you had in mind for releasing 1.8,
>
> I myself don't have any time-frame yet and I don't feel like we need
> to hurry.  But that's just me.  I'm certainly looking forward to 1.8,
> it's going to have some very good things in it.

On 2nd thought, I also do not have a particular hurry. However, Jan is
getting annoyed at having to patch GUILE to get it compiling on
cygwin. Who is working on the 1.6 branch maintenance?

>   - Implement scm replacements for all of GH
>
> This includes designing the replacement first and writing
> documentation, both tutorial style and reference style.

I don't quite get this.  Where is the exact problem here?

What's wrong with replacing gh_ with scm_ (or scm_c_ ) in the .c and
.h files?

>   - Make 1.8 backwards compatible again with 1.6.
>
> This should be nearly done, but needs more testing.
>
> I want to work on these items when I have finished my thesis, which
> hopefully happens in the next three to four weeks.  Knock on wood...

OK, hang in there, you'll survive.