Re: Debian packages (Re: What can I do to help?)

From: Jorgen Schaefer
Subject: Re: Debian packages (Re: What can I do to help?)
Date: 06 Oct 2002 10:51:08 +0200

Daniel Skarda <address@hidden> writes:

> >     Daniel>   Read the message: people do not care about using Guile
> >     Daniel> (otherwise there would be demand for Debian package
> >     Daniel> immediately after Guile release) and Guile developers do
> >     Daniel> not care about potential users (otherwise they would offer
> >     Daniel> such package along with the release).
> >
> > I think this is both untrue and unfair.
>
>   On my system, there are three Guile versions installed (1.4, 1.6 and 1.7
> from CVS). Personally I do not demand anythink. I understand that wonderful
> world of Guile is the result of voluntary work. I just wonder why you do not
> want to attract more developers and helping hands.

[...]

The biggest problem with no current guile package for Debian is
that one can't release any program that depends on current guile
features (and there are plenty!) because one can't demand from
users to manually install the newest guile version themselves...
:(
        -- Jorgen

--
((email . "address@hidden") (www . "http://www.forcix.cx/";)
 (gpg   . "1024D/028AF63C")   (irc . "nick forcer on IRCnet"))