Re: What can I do to help? (conclusions)

From: Dale P. Smith
Subject: Re: What can I do to help? (conclusions)
Date: Fri, 4 Oct 2002 08:26:05 -0400

On Thu, 03 Oct 2002 13:14:27 -0400
Evan Prodromou <address@hidden> wrote:

>     WB> If anyone wants to try to talk me out of it though, I'm still
>     WB> open to comments ;-)
>
> Dr. Bland,
>
> It's absolutely criminal that you could come and ask for a job to do
> and get turned away. There is so, so, so much to do. Shame on us!
>
> I think there are a ton of projects that need to be done for Guile
> that are not yet done. For example:
>
>     * A SAX2 parser GOOPS interface and drivers for libxml, expat,
>       xerces, etc.  (Whoever told you not to make it easy for Guile
>       developers to use XML is a bonehead, by the way. XML will never
>       be s-expressions, but that doesn't mean that using it isn't
>       important!)

That must have been me.  Yes, I'm a bonehead a lot.  Sorry.

I had visions of Guile using xml as a doc format (and other horrors) and
responded without really reading your message.

Being able to interface with other systems using xml is a good thing and
needs to be done.  There is this stuff called soap that uses xml for
rpc's (iirc).

-Dale

--
Dale P. Smith
Senior Systems Consultant,      | Treasurer,