What can I do to help?

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: What can I do to help?
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2002 18:19:34 +0200

address@hidden writes:
> could give me some pointers on what would be good to do.  I had a few
> ideas myself:
>
> 1. Add a guile scripting plugin to Abiword.
>
> 2. Move the GIMP from script-fu (SIOD) to guile, perhaps by reviving
>    gimple.
>
> 3. There is a TODO for writing a CORBA interface.  I've wanted to learn
>    CORBA for a while now, and maybe this would be a good way to do it?
>
> If anyone has any comments on these, or suggestions for others that may be
> more important / easier for a guile newbie / etc. I'd be very
> interested in hearing them.

Don't know about the difficulty, and the actual need of such a
project, but maybe a set of GUILE bindings for libxml or somesuch --
XML is becoming the standard for storing various files, and there
GUILE doesn't come with any support for reading or writing it
(out-of-the-box, that is).

--
Han-Wen Nienhuys   |   address@hidden   |   http://www.cs.uu.nl/~hanwen