Re: Release status 1.6.1 (2002-05-16)

From: rm
Subject: Re: Release status 1.6.1 (2002-05-16)
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 20:05:45 +0200

On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 07:45:06PM +0200, Marius Vollmer wrote:

> [...]
>
> The intent is more important than the list of files without the
> exception, I'd say.  The LICENSE file is only there to inform users in
> a broad and global way, the details can be left to the individual
> files.

As i said before, this is not going to work if guile's intent is being
used as an embedeable scripting language. If i install libguile9 and
libguile-dev on Debian i simply don't _get_ the source files. Requesting
users of type 2 (programmers who embed guile in their application) to
always scan the sources (and do that regulary) doesn't seem to be a valid
solution.

 Ralf Mattes