Re: SRFI-22 -- scripts.

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: SRFI-22 -- scripts.
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 12:13:46 -0600

Thien-Thi Nguyen <address@hidden> writes:

> well the purists must neither value separation of architecture and
> implementation, nor comparitive analysis, then.  a real purist would
> explicitly specify a shell script with overridable environment
> dependencies.  if you're going to have a monarchy, let the king be a
> puppet rather than a self-serving duke.
>
> i wouldn't mind not thinking about srfi-22 for now -- maybe there will
> be a better approach in the future.

On a Debian system, we'd just use update-alternatives so that the
sysadmin can choose which script they want.

However, to accomodate other systems, I'd say that as a default we
might just want to put these scripts in <libexec>/guile/ (or
whatever), and add a note to the readme about making symlinks to
/usr/bin or augmenting your path as desired...

--
Rob Browning
Previously @cs.utexas.edu