Re: memory.text

From: Dirk Herrmann
Subject: Re: memory.text
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 23:41:42 +0100 (MET)

On 25 Nov 2001, Marius Vollmer wrote:

> > What about naming the function scm_make_cell, or scm_new_cell?
>
> I named it scm_alloc_cell and scm_alloc_double_cell.  Not sure if that
> are better names than yours...

Ah, I hadn't realized that you already had submitted your patches.  Still,
I like the scm_make_cell and scm_make_double_cell names better...  Maybe
we should have a voting :-)

A different thing:  Why did you extract the inline functions to inline.h?
I don't think this is a good strategy:  We may think of having a lot more
inline functions (scm_cons and scm_cons2 for example seem to be good
candidates).  These should, IMO, be put into the header files of the
corresponding module (gc.[ch], pairs.[ch]) rather than being collected in
some inline.h and inline.c file.  The property of 'being an inline
function' itself is not a good basis for grouping functions.

Best regards
Dirk Herrmann