Re: Guile 1.6 branch created (please read).

From: Evan Prodromou
Subject: Re: Guile 1.6 branch created (please read).
Date: 08 Jul 2001 14:06:04 -0700

    RB> In general, please don't be adventurous with the stable
    RB> branch.  We mostly want bugfixes, documentation improvements,
    RB> build improvements, etc., though exceptions will doubtless
    RB> exist.

Rob,

Could improvements in the stable branch be ported forward to the
unstable branch at some regular interval? Or, better, when releases
are made?

That way, people can concentrate on stabilizing 1.6 and know that the
changes will still be around for 1.7-8.

This would probably make it easier to manage the two branches. Having
a number of developers checking in the same changes on two different
branches is a recipe for chaos (IMHO).

~ESP

--
Evan Prodromou