Re: Wondering about the stable branch, testing, and Debian.

From: Evan Prodromou
Subject: Re: Wondering about the stable branch, testing, and Debian.
Date: 08 Jul 2001 14:16:34 -0700

    RB> I realized this morning that since I'm the Debian maintainer
    RB> for guile it would be possible for me to create 1.5.x packages
    RB> and release them to unstable.  Among other things, this would
    RB> expose it to a potentially wide testing audience on multiple
    RB> architectures.

    RB> However, I haven't had time to think about whether or not I
    RB> think this is a good or bad idea, from either the Debian,
    RB> Guile, or rlb perspectives :>

    RB> Any thoughts?

I can't speak to the RLB perspective B-), but it seems that Guile 1.5
is quite ready to get wide attention. Debian unstable is a good place
to put 1.5 to the test.

~ESP

P.S. Do you maintain the 1.3 branch in Debian, too? Maybe it's time to
let that die, so that only 1.4 and 1.5 are still around.

--
Evan Prodromou
address@hidden