Re: Thread support plan with initial patch

From: Dirk Herrmann
Subject: Re: Thread support plan with initial patch
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 16:50:42 +0200 (MEST)

On Thu, 5 Apr 2001, NIIBE Yutaka wrote:

> Mikael Djurfeldt wrote:
>
>  > Please have a look at the thread "plug in" interface in Dirk's code.
>
> Yes.  I could get core dump.  It means that it's reproducible.
>
> However, when I did it from scratch, it works fine.
> I mean: autogen.sh, configure,make and test, it works fine.
>
> Well, I've checked more.  I got core dump, make clean & make (new
> guile), it works fine (no core dump).
>
> Wasn't it just such a issue?

I don't think it was that easy, because ISTR that I also did a make clean
and make at that time.  Unfortunately I did not have time to give it a try
yet.  And, due to my recent upgrade to Suse 7.1 my system is quite
different today.

In any case, I remember that I did not upgrade the make files and
configure files at that time, because I was (and still am) no
auto{conf,make} expert.  Thus, problems with make are likely, whether or
not this has something to do with the core dumps of that time...

Best regards,
Dirk Herrmann