Re: Thread support plan with initial patch

From: Rob Browning
Subject: Re: Thread support plan with initial patch
Date: 08 Apr 2001 23:02:55 -0500

Mikael Djurfeldt <address@hidden> writes:

> The way libpthread works, it is difficult to solve this problem in a
> clean way, but I think the need for a solution is strong enough that
> we should try to find out why the GUILE_PTHREAD_COMPAT workaround
> doesn't work in this case.  (It does work in my applications.)

Let me start by saying that I probably I don't understand the
situation well enough to make sure I'm making any sense here, but if
it turns out that fixing the problem in guile is really hard given the
current pthreads "self" implementation, I wonder if we might be able
to come up with an alternate implementation and get it accepted
upstream...