Re: Module name mangling

From: Dirk Herrmann
Subject: Re: Module name mangling
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 17:20:16 +0100 (MET)

On Mon, 8 Jan 2001, Martin Grabmueller wrote:

> > From: Martin Grabmueller <address@hidden>
> > Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 20:06:18 +0100
> >
> > has anyone taken care of the module name mangling (necessary to work
> > with strange module names like `and-let*') yet?  If not, I will do
> > that.  I had a look at boot-9.scm, and found two places where module
> > names are converted to file names:
> [snip]
>
> Seems I am too impatient...  Anyway, at the end of this post I attached
> a hack at boot-9.scm, which implements the module name mangling.  I
> tested it by renaming `and-let*.scm' to `and-let%2A.scm' and typing
> `(use-modules (ice-9 and-let*))', which worked fine.  The dynamic
> linking code is a bit confusing to me, but it should work too.
>
> In the case that is what we want, I can surely clean it up, fix any
> bugs I introduced etc.  Just let me know.

Your code does the right thing (as far as I have understood the discussion
:-), but it is somewhat too complicated:  To convert a character to a
hexadecimal number, you can simply to the following:

(number->string (char->integer #\*) 16)
 --> "2a"

By using this pattern the patch should become a little bit simpler.

Best regards,
Dirk Herrmann