grub-devel

Re: are posix-shell-compliant continuation lines valid/supported, or not

From: Eli Schwartz
Subject: Re: are posix-shell-compliant continuation lines valid/supported, or not, in /etc/default/grub ?
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2020 23:04:39 -0400

On 3/19/20 10:02 PM, Dimitri John Ledkov wrote:
> I am sorry which email are the "quoted" phrases from?
>
> Because that's nothing that I have said. I hope you do understand that it
> is intended for all of the Ubuntu installer & upgrade integrations to keep
> valid configs compatible. And in general, distros do not intentially break
> their users for no reason. I simply stated what are the most typical and
> the most tested customisation and integration point for grub configs on
> Ubuntu, without making any statements about supportability of the configs
> that you have observed getting malformed.

It is the position of the Ubuntu developer who responded to the OP's
launchpad.net bug which motivated this cross-post to the grub-devel list.

Direct link to the quoted phrases:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/grub2/+bug/1868138/comments/4

--
Eli Schwartz
Arch Linux Bug Wrangler and Trusted User