grub-devel

Re: Bugs and tasks for 2.02[~rc1]

From: Michael Chang
Subject: Re: Bugs and tasks for 2.02[~rc1]
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2016 15:54:46 +0800

On Wed, Mar 09, 2016 at 07:38:45AM +0100, Olaf Hering wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 02, Vladimir 'phcoder' Serbinenko wrote:
>
> > I would like to come up with a complete list of 2.02 blockers in one week
> > time,
> > so that we can have a reasonable timeline
>
> Did anyone took the time to fix btrfs support (convert it from handling
> btrfs as filesystem into that what it really is: a container of subvolumes)?

I think the first thing to decide is the path scheme on a subvolume to
be used in grub config. Currently it's treated as if no subvolume and
use path from topmost tree. It's good to get btrfs handled consistently
as other file systems but sacrificing the abilty to be always boot from
default subvolume.

Thanks,
Michael