grub-devel

Re: keyboard layout patches

From: Felix Zielcke
Subject: Re: keyboard layout patches
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 09:15:59 +0100

Am Montag, den 18.01.2010, 00:10 +0000 schrieb Carles Pina i Estany:
> Hello,
>
> I've done a first version of keyboard_layout. Find a patch attached, or
> check the branch:
> bzr.savannah.gnu.org/srv/bzr/grub/people/cpina/keyboard_layouts

Nice work, though I haven't yet looked at the patch itself.

> How could grub-mkinstall (00_header.in) know the current keyboard in the
> system? I wold tweak 00_header.in to generate the keymap file and setup
> it.

I think that's completely distribution specific and maybe even can
depend on the window manager/desktop enviromnent you use (if you use
one).
So I suggest to just use a variable in /etc/default/grub for that.

--
Felix Zielcke
Proud Debian Maintainer and GNU GRUB developer