grub-devel

Re: Build failures on Ubuntu due to gettext

From: Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko
Subject: Re: Build failures on Ubuntu due to gettext
Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 01:15:30 +0100

Colin Watson wrote:
> What on earth?! I said nothing of the kind! That would obviously be
> completely insane.
Sorry for having misunderstood you.
>  How did you arrive at that impression?

Extrapolation of proposed changes since a lot of patches in gettext
threads were "samples".
> My patch made the following transformation:
>
> -  grub_printf (_("literal string"));
> +  grub_printf ("%s", _("literal string"));
>
> This was only necessary in five places, so I doubt that a function is
> worth it.

Then it's not worth it. But again we haven't gettext'ized whole grub2
yet to know for sure. Perhaps a macro so we can change it later if
necessary?

--
Regards
Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko